Monday, August 31, 2009

to the east coast and back again!


Hello Everyone-


Well with one more national to go last weekends race in Massachusetts didn't go as planned. It had rained all night Friday and all day Saturday so needless to say the track was a bit muddy. With MX Sports cutting everyone to one practice to save the track was a blessing in disguise because without that the track would have been brutal, more so than it was in our last moto.

With the women getting a 20 min. practice 5 minutes of it was free to check out the track and see the layout. Since i had raced there last year the track was practically the same, so i just went out and layed down some fast lap times hoping to get a good gate pick. after they had dropped the green flag to start timed practice i had to pull my goggles off because it was so rainy water had gotten between my tear offs and i couldn't see a thing so i had nothing to do but take them off and run the last 15 mins of my practice goggle less. after the practice had ended my face just covered in dirt and eyes pack full as well i pulled off the track with 11Th fastest lap time so i was pretty happy with that. I would have good gate picks both motos so things would ended up in my favor.


After the start of our first moto i had a few mishaps in the second corner but after that i just hammered down and layed down some good laps and battled with a few girls during the moto. half way through the moto i ended up having to pull my googles off again and ride 4 or 5 laps without them dodging roost from the girls ahead of me. but after the checkered flag had came out i pulled off the track in 11Th which wasn't bad at all. I was happy with how i rode and if i hadn't had to deal with my googles i believe i would have been inside the top ten.


Between the three hour wait till our second moto i found myself wandering around amisley to try and keep my body warm and see what i could find down on vendors row. before too long i had to start putting my gear on and start heading down to staging to get in line for our moto. after the gate had dropped the moto was just a mess. the track was terribly rough and girls just dropping like flies. On the first lap a girl fell in this rutted uphill and fell right in front of my bike and i had nowhere to go but hit the girl and i wound up on the ground and the girl stuck under my bike with nowhere to go. so i just picked my bike up and got her from under it and got going again. After that it was downhill from there i crashed a few more times and just a broken heart and pride for sure. i was just so upset with how i rode before i got off the track i had tears balling up in my eyes. This wasn't how the weekend was supposed to go. This was my some what home track i wanted to do well here and show the industry i can ride in the top ten where i belong. . I ended the weekend with a 17Th overall which wasn't that bad but i was hoping for alot better results.


Now we're on our way to our friends house in Indiana to practice for a few days so hopefully i have a few good days of practice before steel city this weekend!


Keep Checking back for updates! Thanks for all the support! :)


Danielle

No comments: